Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this very impressive chicken today in a magazine and knew I simply had to share it with everyone. It is Joan Edwards recipe. I'm sure it is as good as it looks.
- 1 full chicken, washed,rubbed with salt and set aside
- butter or ghee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- mint, as required
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 slices bread
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄4 cup green peas
- 2 -3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- chicken liver, boiled and cut fine
- chicken gizzard, boiled and cut fine
- 1 potato, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons plums
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- Cut bread in small cubes.
- Brown in butter or ghee.
- In the same butter/ghee, fry onions till brown.
- Then add green chillies, ginger, sugar, tomato, mint, liver and gizzard and fry for a while.
- Now add the bread cubes, the chopped vegetables and dry fruits.
- Add pepper and cinnamon powder and a dash of lemon juice.
- Then stuff the chicken with this.
- Sew it up.
- Put a dash of butter on the chicken.
- Roast it in the oven till done.