Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from a Healthy Choice Recipe Book. Great light summer nibbles! (Time does not include making the yogurt "cheese". )
- 24 large cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill, crushed fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- line strainer with 4 layers of paper towels.
- Place strainer over a bowl.
- Pour yogurt into prepared strainer.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let set overnight in fridge.
- Discard liquid.
- Use as you would sour cream.
- Cut tops off of tomatoes.
- Scoop out and discard pulp.
- Set shells aside.
- Combine cheeses and spices.
- Place mixture in ziplock bag.
- Snip one end and pipe cheese mixture into tomato shells.
- Fill tomatoes with mixture.
- Top with parmesan and chill.
Easy to make and tasty. I used a grapefruit spoon to core the tomatoes after cutting a thin slice off of the top and it went pretty quickly.
I have so many cherry tomatoes and this is a great recipe. They look so nice on a tray of appetizers. I used light sour cream.
We loved these, they were very tasty and I was making them for a group of kids and they helped so its a kid friendly recipe for doing the stuffing, they a ball. Thanks so much for a great recipe. I will make these again.