Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great appetizer
- Wash tomatoes and scoop out the insides.
- Fry the bacon until crisp and cut into small pieces.
- Chop the green onions fine including some of the green top.
- Mix all ingredients together with the mayonnaise.
- Fill each tomato with the mixture and sprinkle the top of each with parsley.
- Refrigerate before serving.
These are fun to make, tastes great and looks great on a black platter. After scooping out the inside of the tomatoes, I inverted them on paper towels while I fried up the bacon. I only used two green onions because that is all we had and added more mayo so it would stick together better. I received oooohs and ahhhhs when I set these little treats on the buffet table. They were gone in seconds! A real winner! Thanks for sharing, Dani Jean.
I make these all the time. They are fantastic and one of the first things to go from the appetizer table!