Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
The creamy filling with each bite of celery makes for a satisfying snack. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dash onion powder
- 8 celery ribs (cut into 3 inch pieces)
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, carrot and seasonings.
- Fill celery pieces with cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour.
Very tasty. Instead of filling all the celery, I left the mix in a covered dish. As I want, I can grab a celery stick and spread it with yummy cream cheese. I think I'll actually be able to fill more than 8 pieces because I'm not using much on each stick. If I did all the sticks at once, I'd want to use up the whole dish of spread.
Tasty little snack that doesn't wreck your low-fat diet. I made them with neufchatel rather than fat-free cream cheese. It was easier for me to leave the celery ribs whole then cut into pieces after they were stuffed. I will increase the herbs next time and sub fresh for dried. Thanks for sharing your recipe!