Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
A tasty twist on a favorite appetizer. Enjoy! For easiest preparation, spread the cream cheese mixture in the celery first, then slice into 2-inch pieces.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 stalks celery
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese (or cream cheese with sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted sunflower seeds
- celery leaves (optional)
- Lightly coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add pine nuts and minced garlic. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until nuts are golden brown, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Remove tops and wide base from celery stalks.
- In a small bowl stir together the creeam cheese and Italian cheese blend. Spread or spoon cheese mixture into celery.
- Cut each filled stalk of celery into 2-inch pieces.
- Sprinkle half the pieces with the pine nut mixture and half with the sunflower seeds.
- If desired, top with celery leaves.
As the 3 stars say, WE LIKED THESE. I couldn't find sunflower seeds so I used pine nuts on all of them. It seemed like they were missing something and it could be because I used regular cream cheese rather than the optional cream cheese with sun-dried tomatoes. I added a pinch of kosher salt and that perked them quite a bit. I will make this again and play with some other spices like Italian Seasoning. Thank you for posting Deb!
This was really good and easy to put together. I mixed the pine nut & garlic into the cream cheese mix and then sprinkled all with the sunflower seeds. I had to use plain cream cheese so added sun dried tomatoes. Thank you for sharing your recipe!