Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this for Christmas and Thanksgiving. I'd been searching for the best way to make stuffed celery for sometime, and think I found it several years ago courtesy of Allrecipes.com. Also good with crackers.
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (I use reduced fat)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (I use light)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 20 small green olives
- Coarsely chop the olives. Separate and wash celery stalks. Can remove celery strings, if desired.
- Mix cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in walnuts and olives.
- Spread filling into celery. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Chill until serving time.
This is very good; much better than the usual cream cheese- or peanut butter-stuffed celery. I used black olives in place of the green olives (just personal preference) and loved the addition of walnuts. Took these to a party and all were eaten in no time.
Followed the recipe exactly. Bland flavor. Needs additional seasoning. The foundation is good but flavor is missing.
This recipe is a holiday tradition in our family, however ours is slightly different. No sour cream, add about 1/4 cup tomato juice, we use pecans instead of walnuts, and we also put fresh or dried parsley in the mix. Everyone thinks it sounds horrible, but then loves it once they try it! Also great on toast or English muffin.