1/2 Photos of Stuffed Cauliflower
1 hr 10 mins
Brian Holley's Note:
An imaginative way to prepare and cook this popular vegetable. First blanch the cauliflower and then stuff it with spiced ground beef. Always a winner, I have cooked this for todays dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 inch gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 10 curry leaves (optional)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1Blanch the cauliflower in boiling water for 5 minutes Drain and set aside to cool.
- 2Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, when they start to pop add the onion and fry for 4 minutes.
- 3Add the ginger and garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- 4Reduce the heat to medium, add the meat and stir fry till it is crumbly and the liquid has evaporated.
- 5Reduce the heat to low and add the turmeric, coriander, cinnamon, cardamom, and chilli powder, and the diced tomatoes. Stir and fry for 3 minutes Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 minutes Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- 6Put the cauliflower on a plate stem side up, fill the spaces between the florets with as much of the meat mix as possible.
- 7Turn the cauliflower over and gently pull the florets apart and fill with the rest of the meat.
- 8Heat the remaining oil and add the mustard seeds, when they pop add the add the cumin and curry leaves (if using).
- 9Place the cauliflower right way up on the seasoned oil, cover with a lid and cook on medium heat till the cauliflower is cooked.
- 10Serve the cauliflower on a serving dish with any remaining meat and juices from the pan around the cauliflower.
- 11Garnish with the eggs and tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.5
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 183.1 mg
- Sodium 745.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: