1/1 Photo of Stuffed Capsicums or Red Bell Peppers
Adapted from a Sun Rice Recipe, this is a great side dish or appetizer for dinner parties because it presents so well. It is quite filling though so would make a great light lunch or dinner on its own too. You could also add some chopped tomato or kidney beans as an alternative.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180.C.
- 2Remove tops from capsicums, discarding seeds and membrane.
- 3Drop capsicums in boiling water for 30 seconds then refresh in cold water and arrange standing up in a small baking dish.
- 4Heat butter in a saucepan and saute onion & garlic & chicken mince for 5 minutes.
- 5Pour off any fat, then add flour and cook for 1 minute, add stock and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- 6Stir in sour cream, herbs and rice.
- 7Spoon rice mixture into prepared capsicums and bake for approx 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Capsicums or Red Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 113.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: