Prep 5 mins
Cook 28 mins
Adapted from a Sun Rice Recipe, this is a great side dish or appetizer for dinner parties because it presents so well. It is quite filling though so would make a great light lunch or dinner on its own too. You could also add some chopped tomato or kidney beans as an alternative.
- Preheat oven to 180.C.
- Remove tops from capsicums, discarding seeds and membrane.
- Drop capsicums in boiling water for 30 seconds then refresh in cold water and arrange standing up in a small baking dish.
- Heat butter in a saucepan and saute onion & garlic & chicken mince for 5 minutes.
- Pour off any fat, then add flour and cook for 1 minute, add stock and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sour cream, herbs and rice.
- Spoon rice mixture into prepared capsicums and bake for approx 20 minutes.
I really liked this recipe. Very tasty, easy to make and economical. I used basil and garlic chives as my herbs and it worked really well. Loved the inclusion of the sour cream. I've just finished one cold, for lunch, and I really like it liked that too. I'll be making these again. Mine did take a little longer to cook but that was my mistake. I crammed them into a fairly high-sided baking dish and the bottom halves didn't cook as quickly. I placed them on a shallow tray and they cooked in no time.