Recipe by Jewelies
Tasty stuffed capsicum.
Top Review by Engrossed
We loved this different stuffed pepper! I used 1 red bell pepper cut in half lengthwise, only enough olive oil to brush the peppers with and barely pour over them, part-skim ricotta, grape tomatoes halved, red onion diced, 1/2 of a lemon's zest, 1 garlic clove and 1/8 cup fresh basil. The filling just filled the pepper halves. These were creamy and flavorful. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
- 3 red capsicums, halved, seeds removed
- 60 ml olive oil
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 150 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon rind, of grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup torn basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Toss the capsicum in half the oil, then place on a baking tray.
- Combine ricotta, tomatoes, onion, rind, garlic and half the basil, then use this mix to fill the capsicum.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining basil.