Recipe by Winnipeg *Mel*
Forget about ordering in! These hearty stuffed "pizzas", filled with smoky ham and cheese are less expensive than take-out and a snap to bake. Just stock up on prepared pizza dough-readily available in the refrigerated or frozen food sections of the supermarkets.
- 236.59 ml shredded cheese
- 213 ml can pizza sauce
- 453.59 g prepared fresh pizza dough or 453.59 g frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 226.79 g sliced baked ham
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly grease 2 jellyroll pans.
- Place dough onto lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 4 equal pieces; shape each into ball into a 7-inch circle.
- Divide and spread pizza sauce evenly over each circle.
- Evenly disburse the cheese and ham between the circles leaving a 1/2" around the edge.
- Fold circles in half and press edges with tines of a fork.
- Arrange 2 calzones on each prepared pan; prick top with fork.
- Bake 18-20 minutes switching pans halfway through, until lightly browned.