Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Forget about ordering in! These hearty stuffed "pizzas", filled with smoky ham and cheese are less expensive than take-out and a snap to bake. Just stock up on prepared pizza dough-readily available in the refrigerated or frozen food sections of the supermarkets.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly grease 2 jellyroll pans.
- Place dough onto lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 4 equal pieces; shape each into ball into a 7-inch circle.
- Divide and spread pizza sauce evenly over each circle.
- Evenly disburse the cheese and ham between the circles leaving a 1/2" around the edge.
- Fold circles in half and press edges with tines of a fork.
- Arrange 2 calzones on each prepared pan; prick top with fork.
- Bake 18-20 minutes switching pans halfway through, until lightly browned.
i made a small batch of these for tea tonight to see if my kids would like them and they loved them. i will be making these a lot more often now. its a keeper
What a great recipe! Instead of sliced ham I used Diced Ham Dinner Starter Diced Ham Dinner Starter (oamc) and I used Bread Machine Pizza Dough With Whole Wheat Flour by Cookin-jo Bread Machine Pizza Dough With Whole Wheat Flour for the dough. I made these when a friend came for lunch and these were devoured by all. I made half with ham and the others with pepperoni. This recipe is very flexible and you can add any toppings that you wish. These freeze great too for an easy snack or lunch, Thanks Mel!