4 hrs 45 mins
This recipe originated from my aunt Julia, years ago. My mother decided to add the brown sugar and vinegar. This is loved by everyone that my mom has prepared it for. All of the cooks in our family make it this way now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put cabbage in water over med to high heat.
- 2Pull leaves off as they get soft and set aside.
- 3They only need to be soft enought to wrap around the meat mixture.
- 4Mix hamburger, rice (just enough to blend in with meat), egg, salt& pepper.
- 5Place enough beef to fit easily in cabbage leafs, roll up and place in a large roasting pan that has a lid, seam side down.
- 6Mix tomato sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, a little water swished around in the can for extra liquid, taste. The sauce should be tangy-sweet.
- 7Pour sauce over cabbage rolls.
- 8Cover and bake at 350 about 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Cabbage (Variation on the Others)
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.1
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 554.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g