Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
OH SO GOOD with a unique taste! If you like vegetable soup then this is similar, but with a little bit of sweet taste.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb stew meat
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup white rice
- Heat oil in 6 qt.
- pot over medium heat.
- Add beef, saute until browned.
- Add coleslaw mix and onion.
- Cook covered 4 minutes, stirring after 2.
- Add tomatoes, beef broth, water, brown sugar.
- lemon juice and salt.
- Bring to boil.
- Add rice, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, covered, 45 minutes or until beef and rice are tender.
If you're a stuffed cabbage lover, then don't miss this recipe. No need to spend hours cooking the cabbage, rolling the cabbage rolls and messing up the kitchen. This is the closest thing to the real thing with no fuss, no mess, Just the "GREATEST" Try it, You'll love it.
This tastes just like eating stuffed cabbage. I altered it a bit by using ground meat and garlic spices because my family likes to add garlic spices to regular stuffed cabbage and wanted the same taste. This was easy to make and a real winner in our house
We also found this a little bland and too sweet, but I think it is a good base to play with. I also used hamburger because that is what I use for my stuffed cabbage. Thanks for sharing!