Recipe by SallyD
This is a pretty easy recipe I came up with, wanting something different for a change. You can even prepare it in advance and freeze it if you like. Hubby loves it!
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage (you can use ground beef or turkey)
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 10 -12 cabbage leaves
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (10 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cabbage leaves in pot of water and cook till they are easy to work with, about 20 minutes Drain and set aside to cool.
- In large fry pan, add olive oil and onion and cook for about 5 minutes. Add sausage, garlic salt, parsley and minced garlic and cook till sausage is no longer pink, breaking the sausage into crumbs as it cooks. Let cool slightly. Add the Mozzarella, rice and cottage cheese to the sausage mixture and mix well. Lay the cabbage leaves flat and add 1/3 cup of sausage/cheese mixture to the edge of each leaf and roll, closing the ends as you go. Lay rolls in greased pan seam side down. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, then with spagetti sauce and sprinkle the parmesan on top Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.