Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
These came from The Comprehensive Diabetic Cookbook. They are very tasty cabbage rolls. I think you'll like them.
- 12 large cabbage rolls
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cover head of cabbage with boiling water and let stand 5 minutes.
- Peel off 12 nice leaves.
- Combine beef, salt, pepper, rice, onion, egg and poultry seasoning.
- Place equal portions in center of each loaf; fold sides of leaf over meat and roll up.
- Place in small casserole.
- Combine water, lemon juice and tomato sauce and pour over rolls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
I'm going to try this one tonight. Gve u a rating tomorrow.