Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
Traditional Polish holiday recipe.
- 2 heads cabbage
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs ground pork
- onion powder
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sauerkraut
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 -4 slices bacon
- Steam cabbage, remove leaves, and de-vein.
- Mix ground beef and ground pork well.
- Add salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste.
- Mix in uncooked rice.
- Roll meat and rice mixture in cabbage leaves tucking ends closed.
- Place in large pot.
- Fill pot with water just to cover cabbage rolls.
- Add sauerkraut, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Place bacon on top.
- Bring to boil on top of stove.
- Cook on low heat approximately 2 hours or until rice is soft and fluffy.