Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
Prep time includes cooking cabbage leaves. This is another one I found in my old recipe box.
Top Review by HoitoFoodie
I made a vegetarian version and it was a hit! To save time, I prepared the cabbage leaves, mixed the ingredients so the taste melded then cooked all the next day. I believe I made nine or ten rolls. I definitely will make them whenever I visit my daughter and her husband who are vegetarians. I'm a carnivore but enjoyed this very much--it's too bad my husband isn't and grudgingly ate it.
- 8 large cabbage leaves (cooked and drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 2 tablespoons of soup with rest of ingredients.
- Divide mixture among cabbage leaves.
- Fold in sides.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In skillet, place rolls seam side down.
- Add remaining soup.
- Cover; simmer on low 40 minutes.
- Every 10 minutes, spoon sauce over rolls.