2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Ok, so how can something that's low carb AND low fat be so tasty? Trust me, this recipe is a keeper. I took the idea of using chopped cauliflower from Blane Jelus, (Blane's low carb kitchen) and applied it to my own stuffed cabbage recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head green cabbage, 2lb
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey (I use half ground breast and half 93% lean turkey)
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 2 cups chopped raw cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup locatelli cheese
for the sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 300degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Core head of cabbage with the tip of a very sharp knife.
- 3Place in pot of boiling water (enough to completely cover).
- 4As the leaves begin to soften, pull them off and return head to the water.
- 5Cut the large thick vein off the back of each leaf in a deep V pattern.
- 6Mix together the next ten ingredients.
- 7Place just enough meat mixture on the cabbage leaves so that you can roll up without squishing out the sides. Work from the thickest side towards you, fold over the meat, then fold the sides in and finish rolling away from you.
- 8Place in glass baking dish, seam side down. Finish stuffing all cabbage leaves with the meat mixture.
- 9In a large bowl, stir together crushed tomatoes, thyme both peppers, brown sugar substitute and water, (just enough to thin out).
- 10Pour tomato mixture over the stuffed cabbage, and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- 11Bake at 300 about 1-1/2 hours (Until cabbage is quite soft).
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Cabbage, Low Carb, Low Fat, Big Flavor
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.0
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 140.0 mg
- Sodium 1190.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 38.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute
brown sugar substitute