1/1 Photo of Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large saucepan of water with salt to the boil.
- 2Meanwhile remove outer leaves and hard stalk from the cabbage. Wash it and put into the boiling water for 10 minutes.
- 3Mix the mince with the rice, salt & pepper and knead together well.
- 4Take each cabbage leaf separately and put on each one a tablespoonful of the mince mixture. Fold the two ends of the leaf inwards and roll it up into a narrow sausage shape. Place some spare cabbage leaves on the bottom of the pan then put the stuffed leaves in concentric circles.
- 5Place a heavy plate on top of them to prevent them from breaking up during cooking.
- 6Pour water to cover them and boil for 60-80 minutes.
- 7When they are cooked put them on a flat dish and prepare the sauce. Put the rest of the butter to melt, add the flour and stir.
- 8Add some stock from the cooked leaves, stirring all the time and beat in the eggs with the lemon juice. Take the sauce off the heat. Serve the cabbage rolls with the sauce poured over them.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
Serving Size: 1 (2531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4151.3
- Calories from Fat 2713
- Total Fat 301.4 g
- Saturated Fat 160.4 g
- Cholesterol 1401.0 mg
- Sodium 2402.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 234.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 39.9 g
- Sugars 48.4 g
- Protein 140.0 g