1/1 Photo of Stuffed Cabbage Leaf Rolls
Cabbage leaves rolled and filled with rice,herbs and nuts. Easy no fuss recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 outer cabbage leaves
- 250 g cooked rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 lemon, juice and grated rind,plus 2 slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup tomato juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1Blanch cabbage leaves in boiling water to soften.
- 2Heat olive oil and toss in the onion and garlic.
- 3Fry for 5 minutes over moderate heat.
- 4Add the tomatoes, parsley and mint and fry for 4 minutes more.
- 6Mix together the tomato juice, rice,pinenuts or sunflower seeds, lemon juice and rind, season well with salt and pepper.
- 7Roll 3- 4 tablespoons in each leaf, tucking in the edges to make a neat parcel.
- 8Pack together tightly in a shallow pan, pour over the tomato juice and throw in the two slices of lemon.
- 9Simmer for 20- 30 minutes over gentle heat, with a tight fitting lid on.
- 10Rolls can be served hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Cabbage Leaf Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.5
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 234.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 5.5 g