Sue Lau's Note:
These cabbage rolls are a delight to eat, cut into bite-size pieces for chopsticks! Serve along with steamed rice sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds and a tossed salad with ginger dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1Parboil cabbage leaves until almost tender, then drain and cool.
- 2Cut away thicker portion of cabbage vein.
- 3Mix together pork and other stuffing ingredients in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- 4Divide stuffing among base of cabbage leaves; roll and fold in sides to form envelope, until cabbage wraps around.
- 5Secure seam with a toothpick.
- 6Mix together simmering ingredients.
- 7Place rolls in a saucepan and pour simmering sauce over; cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 8Reduce heat to low and simmer 8-9 minutes, then remove from heat.
- 9Allow rolls to cool in sauce to absorb flavor.
- 10Meanwhile, nip ends off snow peas and string; then cut into julienne strips.
- 11Parboil snow pea strips until crisp-tender, then plunge into cold ice water to halt cooking.
- 12Reheat rolls in sauce.
- 13To serve, remove toothpick, cut roll into thin rounds, and place on dish with snow pea garnish alongside, and warm cooking sauce ladled over.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Cabbage, Japanese Style
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.9
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 87.4 mg
- Sodium 1262.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: