1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Kevin Young's Note:
Yet another I've pulled out of "The Czechoslovak Cookbook". Of course I had to add garlic to the recipe :) Also for a little extra kick you can use some spicy bloody mary mix instead of the cream of tomato soup. I hope you enjoy this, we sure do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the stump from the cabbage and discard.
- 2Scoop out and save the inside of the cabbage, leaving about a 1- 1 1/2 inch shell.
- 3Chop the cabbage you scraped out of the inside.
- 4Cook onion and garlic in 2 tbsp butter over medium high heat until onion is wilted.
- 5Add meat and brown.
- 6Add chopped cabbage, salt, pepper, parsley, and tomato soup.
- 7Cook covered about 10 minutes.
- 8Drain and allow to cool, then add egg and mix together well.
- 9Fill cabbage with mixture (you will usually have some left over unless you pack very tight) and cover with a cabbage leaf securing with a toothpicks.
- 10Put broth and remaining butter in a large casserole or large pot, Place cabbage in pot (open side up obviously) and cover.
- 11Cook in over at 375 for about an hour and 15 minutes.
- 12Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Cabbage Head (Zelna Hlava Plnena)
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.2
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 162.2 mg
- Sodium 852.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 29.0 g