Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Stuffed cabbage taste without all the work.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat and drain.
- Transfer to crock pot and add slaw mix, green pepper and rice.
- In the microwave, dissolve bouillon cubes in water.
- In a bowl, combine the water and tomato paste and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over beef mixture and mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until rice and vegetables are tender.
I used an onion, and chopped a cabbage to obtain 4 cups, used red bell pepper. The rice is maybe a little too cooked. But the taste is great. Thanks Bonnette :) Made for PAC Fall 2012
I did not care for the worcestershire sauce in this recipe.