Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 hrs
this is a play on cabbage rolls, but oh so good, and not so much work!!
Make and share this Stuffed Cabbage Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 tablespoon garlic powder
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a slow cooker; add cabbage, green pepper and rice.
- In a bowl, combine the water and tomato paste. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over beef mixture; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until rice and vegetables are tender.
Really good and easy to make.
Sooooo Easy!!! Excellent flavor!!! Thanks for sharing, I lost my mother in laws recipe and my DH didn't even notice it was different. Great job, thanks for sharing.
This was very good. I have lately been experimenting with this type of recipe. I used ground turkey and cut out about 600 calories and A TON of fat without sacrafcing the taste. I'm trying to make small, healthy changes and this was a great one! Oh, and I bought the ground turkey on sale so it was almsot the same price as beef.