Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
For those familiar with the Polish dish Klumpke's this is an easy alternative with an italian flair. I hope grandma forgives me!
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 cup prepared instant rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups packaged shredded parmesan cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups romano cheese, blend
- 24 ounces Italian-style crushed tomatoes
- In a med skillet brown sausage with onion,garlic and italian seasonining.
- Stir in prepared rice.
- In a greased 9x13 pan tear cabbage and layer cabbage meat and rice mixture, half of tomato's cabbage and remaining tomato's. top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 90min.