Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another interesting sounding recipe from Big Snacks, Little Meals cookbook
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2⁄3 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Quickly rinse off mushrooms under water.
- Gently wiggle the stems out of mushroom caps. Mince stems only and save for later.
- Toss mushrooms in 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper in mixing bowl. Arrange caps on baking sheet hollow side up.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in skillet on medium heat. Saute garlic and minced mushroom stems for 5-7minutes.Stir with wooden spoon until most of juices are evaporated.
- Transfer garlic and stems to mixing bowl. Add stuffing mix, cheese, and sage. Stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon filling into caps, and bake for 10-12 minutes.