Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are a squash lover then you will love this easy recipe, the shredded apples gives it such a wonderful flavour, along with just the right amount of brown sugar. Cooking time, does not include the first baking of squash.
- 3 small butternut squash (about 1-1/2 pds each)
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and finely chopped (Granny Smith is good!)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 15x10 baking sheet.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, discard the seeds.
- Place squash, cut side down in baking sheet.
- Fill pan with hot water to the depth of 1/2-in.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Turn squash cut side up; stuff with ham mixture.
- Cover stem end with foil to prevent drying.
- Bake for 30 mins or until squash is tender.