Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you are a squash lover then you will love this easy recipe, the shredded apples gives it such a wonderful flavour, along with just the right amount of brown sugar. Cooking time, does not include the first baking of squash.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 15x10 baking sheet.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, discard the seeds.
- Place squash, cut side down in baking sheet.
- Fill pan with hot water to the depth of 1/2-in.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Turn squash cut side up; stuff with ham mixture.
- Cover stem end with foil to prevent drying.
- Bake for 30 mins or until squash is tender.
I haven't tried this yet, but I would like to try it and substitute turkey ham or turkey bacon as my husband is on a no pork diet right now.
A wonderful fall recipe. The flavors are so good together! This recipe makes a lovely presentation - my family was quite impressed, and I have been blessed with kids who will eat a wide variety of things that many won't - they love to eat foods like this when they look so fun to eat! Thanks for posting!
This was a delicious and remarkably easy dinner. I used an 8 oz. package of diced ham and diced my apple rather than shredding. I also added about 1/4 teaspoon of dried rubbed sage, and wish I had added a bit more! I stuffed all the filling into two hollowed out gold nugget pumpkins and sprinkled a little extra brown sugar over the top. My husband and I had these for dinner with peas and wild rice. I think this could be stuffed into almost any kind of winter squash, and I love the combination of ham and apples. The gold nuggets I used weren't the tastiest, but they made a beautiful presentation. Thanks for a great recipe!