A luxuriously creamy delight - with a crunchy, nutty bite. From Asda magazine
Make and share this Stuffed Butternut Squash recipe from Food.com.
- Pre -heat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
- Halve the butternut squash, remove the seeds and put on a baking tray cut side up.
- Dot the flesh with half the butter, cover loosely with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion and bacon in the oil and remaining butter until the onion is soft and the bacon crisp.
- Put in a bowl and stir in the mustard, thyme, walnuts, breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Season and pile onto the squash.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes more, or until squash is completely tender and the cheese has melted.
- Cut in half to give 4 portions, and serve.