Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Big juicy burgers filled with chilies, cheese and mushrooms, then grilled and basted with steak sauce. Use any type of cheese you like. I got this from Allrecipes.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (10 fluid ounce) bottle steak sauce (e.g. A-1)
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 8 slices American cheese, divided
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, 1/4 cup of the steak sauce, fajita seasoning, and dried onion until well blended. Form the mixture into 8 patties. Set aside 4 of the patties.
- On the other 4 patties, place one slice of cheese, some of the green chilies, and some mushrooms.
- Place the other 4 patties over the top, press down, and seal the edges so the goodies do not escape.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for low heat. Lightly oil grate.
- Place patties on the grill, and let them brown on both sides.
- Once they begin to brown, brush the tops with remaining steak sauce.
- Continue to grill for about 30 minutes, basting frequently with steak sauce, until meat is no longer pink, and the juices run clear.
- When the meat is ready to come off the grill, place the remaining 4 slices of cheese over the tops of the patties.
- Serve on buns, or just by themselves.