Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was reading a recipe yesterday on zaar, and since it was so easy, I didn't print it. I made it when I got home, added some extra things, and now that I'm looking to review (I didn't save--smart move!) I can't find it! so I'm posting this because I thought it was a great burger. Feel free to add ingredients, or take out, according to your tastes. I used everything listed and only eyeballed the ingredients.
- 2 lbs ground beef (not the lean kind, it needs some fat to stay moist)
- 5 scallions, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices cooked bacon, strips diced
- cheddar cheese, grated
- tomatoes, sliced thickly (optional)
- arugula (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- mayonnaise (optional)
- 6 hamburger buns
- I actually made a spicy mayo for this burger mixing mayonnaise with cayenne pepper, paprika, black pepper, and just a little Tabasco. I didn't include it in the recipe, but am listing it here for those who would like to try it as well.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the ground beef, scallions, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, Tabasco sauce (as much as you like) and then shape into 12 thin patties.
- On top of 6 patties, mound up the bacon, then the cheese. Top with other patties and seam together at edges, just pressing with fingertips.
- Grill or pan fry burger (whatever you prefer)until desired doneness.
- Spread the mayo on the bottom bun and place a patty. Top with whatever you'd like and enjoy.
made it for dinner tonight. it was yummy but a bit more spicy than I expected. (and we love spicy food!)
PAC Fall 2007 ~ These were really tasty with a nice little kick from the spices. I mashed up the avocado and mixed it into meat. Didn't serve with the buns because I was too lazy to go to the store! We thought they were a moist burger, even without any dressing. Served with roasted potatoes and leftover cauliflower cheese. Thanks Brisket!