1/1 Photo of Stuffed Buns - Chicken or Paneer
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
You can stuff these indian buns with chicken or paneer (a fresh crumbly cheese from India). From indian food blog: Sailu's Kitchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg white
- white sesame seeds, for sprinkling
FOR CHICKEN FILLING
- 1Dissolve the yeast in warm water with 1/2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tbsp flour. Leave aside for 10 mts.
- 2Boil the milk and cool till it is warm on touch. Add sugar, oil and salt.
- 3Mix well with a wooden spoon till the sugar dissolves. Add 1 cup flour and mix to a smooth paste.
- 4Add the beaten egg, yeast and mix. Add the remaining flour and mix well till it forms a smooth dough.
- 5Knead well for 10 mts. Let it rest till it doubles in volume (approx an hour or two). While its resting prepare the chicken filling.
- 6Punch down the dough lightly using your palm and divide the dough equally.
- 7Flatten each portion and fill with 1 tbsp of the chicken filling. Re-shape into a smooth ball. Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds.
- 8Let it sit/prove for another 20 minutes.
- 9Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees C for 10-12 mts. When it starts to brown, brush tops with egg white.
- 10FOR CHICKEN FILLING:.
- 11Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel, add the onions and saute for 4 mts. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 4 mts.
- 12Reduce the heat, add the red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
- 13Add the shredded chicken and mix well. Add salt to taste. Cook for 3 mts.
- 14Turn off heat and cool. Add coriander leaves and mix.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Buns - Chicken or Paneer
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.1
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.8 mg
- Sodium 41.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: