Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious and simple to make.
- 10 large bull horn sweet peppers
- 2 lbs firm cheese, cut into thick slices (must not melt, cut shorter than the pepper length)
- olive oil
- white balsamic vinegar
- grated garlic (optional)
- Wash the peppers. Cut off the stems and remove the seeds from inside. Do not break or tear the pepper.
- Puncture each pepper with a fork in 3-4 places. Stuff each pepper with the cheese. Avoid having any cheese sticking out of the top of your peppers.
- Broil them over the BBQ, electric grill until tender. Avoid burning the skin.
- When they are tender and the cheese is hot, place them in a deep dish and pour olive oil and balsamic vinigar over each one. Pour enough oil so that you can dip your bread into it.
- Sprinkle the garlic (optional) and sprinkle with salt. Cover and let stand for a couple of hours, swirling them around gently once in a while.
- Serve at room temperature. Can be stored in fridge for 3-4 days.