Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe can also be used with chicken. This comes from a restaurant called "The French Hen".
Make and share this Stuffed Breast of Pheasant En Croute recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pheasant breast (if pheasant is not available chicken may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup brie cheese, diced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced and sauteed until translucent
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced and sauteed until translucent
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, concasse (peeled, seeded and diced)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sage, finely chopped
- 4 slices bacon
- salt and pepper
- 4 sheets puff pastry, 5 x 5 inches
- 1 egg, beaten
- Season breast with salt and pepper.
- Sear well in a pan with butter and let cool.
- Mix Brie, shallots, garlic, tomato, onion, mushrooms and sage.
- Season to taste.
- Stuff ¼ of cheese mixture under the skin of each cooled breast.
- Wrap each with a slice of bacon.
- Wrap with puff pastry.
- Brush top with beaten egg.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes.