Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a bisquick recipe. You definately dont want to forget the dipping sauce. This is bound to be a kid pleaser. Great for monday night football.
- 2 1⁄4 baking mix or 2 1⁄4 Bisquick
- 1 (8 ounce) packagestringed cheese (smoked preferably)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces your favorite pizza sauce or 8 ounces spaghetti sauce, heated
- Peheat oven 450 degrees.
- Mix baking mix and milk together until it becomes a soft dough approximately 30 seconds.
- Generously dust surface with baking mix (bisquick) and turn dough onto it.
- Take a rolling pin and softly roll dough in the baking mix, just enough to coat it.
- Form into a ball and knead the dough about 10 times.
- Roll the dough into a 12x8 in rectangle.
- Cut the dough into 8 6x2 inch long rectangles.
- Wrap each long strip around a piece of cheese.
- Pinch the ends and smooth inward to seal the ends.
- Gently roll the wrapped cheese on surgace to ensure closure.
- Place each piece with the seem down onto a ungreased foil lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 7-10 minutes or until golden.
- In a small bowl, mix margarine and garlic powder together.
- Brush each bread stick with the garlic butter.
- Dip in sauce.
Easier to just use a can of refrigerated bread sticks. I actually used a can of refrigerated pizza crust, because the store was out of the bread sticks. I put the butter/garlic and shredded mozzarella inside and rolled it jelly-roll style. It was the first thing to go at the Super Bowl feast.
These were very tasty, and everyone loved them! It was a bit fiddly to make them, but the taste made it well worth the effort! I served them with homemade pizza sauce, and they went down a treat! Thanks for sharing!