Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Courtesy of Rachel Ray
- 1 (24 inch) French bread
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 12 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb sweet sopressata, from the deli, sliced thick, chopped
- 1⁄2 stick pepperoni, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) packageshredded provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Split bread lengthwise and hollow it out. Cut in half across, making 4 shells for pizzas.
- Heat a skillet over medium high flame and brown sausage in extra-virgin olive oil.
- Brown and crumble sausage. Add red bell pepper, onion and garlic. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, add spinach.
- Remove mixture from heat and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper, to your taste.
- Transfer to a bowl. Combine sausage and veggies with ricotta, Parmesan, sopressata and pepperoni.
- Fill bread shells and top with mounded mozzarella and provolone cheeses.
- Place in hot oven on cookie sheet and bake until cheese melts and bubbles and bread is super crisp, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Top pizzas with oregano and hot pepper flakes. Serve immediately, or snack all night!