Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 1⁄4 lbs cabbage or 1 head cabbage
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 lb frozen bread dough (like rhodes)
- Brown ground beef, add salt, pepper, cabbage and onions, cook until cabbage has softened.
- Grade cheddar cheese and put in bowl.
- Cool beef mixture before using.
- Roll dough out in small circles about 8 inches.
- Fill dough with meat mixture and cheese.
- Fold dough over like a pocket and seal with beaten egg or water.
- Bake in oven at 350* for 30 minutes.
- When done baking butter the tops of rolls.
Great recipe! My family really liked it. When I did 2 lbs. of beef with 1 large head of cabbage, it was like a little meat in cabbage instead of cabbage in meat (I'm not familiar with cabbage, but it must have been one huge head!). I had to add 2 more lbs. of meat and then it was right. Unfortunately, there was way too much left over. I froze the rest -will see if it freezes well or not -if so, then that is just fine with me -it'll make it easier next time. Also, I looked for Texas sized rolls (someone said worked better in another recipe). I could only find Rhodes frozen rolls -they worked great, but to get them to roll out enough, I had to put two of them together. They turned out great though. I also added a thin slice of velveeta to the top of each one to get my son to like it more.