Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a good way of using up leftover mashed potatoes to. Placing the hot dogs so they touch keep the cheese from running off them. Yes, the one all the kids love too.
- Clean, peel and boil the potatoes to make mashed potatoes.
- Instant potatoes work well also.
- Split the hot dogs down the middle about two-thirds of the way through.
- Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Lay them open and fill with mashed potatoes.
- Bake on a baking sheet at 325 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the dogs are cooked and the taters are hot.
- Cover with cheese and bake until cheese is melted on top.
I remember having these when I was growing up, and made them for my son also!!! I had forgotten about them, but will have to buy a few dogs to try them again!! Thanks!!
I had these as a kid and now my grandkids enjoy them too. Thanks for sharing. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
I remember my mom making these for my brother and I when we were growing up. She would put mustard on mine instead of cheese, since I am weird and don't like cheese. It is a quick and easy meal or snack that adults like as well as kids.