1/3 Photos of Stuffed Blue-cheese Burgers With Apple and Bacon
Hey Jude's Note:
This is a decadent treat from your grill. Use ground chuck that is about 80% lean for best results. I found this in the Chicago Sun-Times FOOD section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wipe the grate of your grill or your skillet with olive oil before heating over a medium-high flame.
- 2Cook the bacon in a dry skillet over medium heat; when done to your like, place on paper towels to drain and set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, pepper, thyme and sage; mix well using your hands and form into 8 thin patties; form small craters in the center of half of the patties, leaving an edge of about a quarter inch all the way around and place a scant 2 tablespoons of blue cheese in the center; top each with another patty, pinching the seams together, making sure the stuffing is completely covered.
- 4Cook the burgers over medium-high heat until medium-rare; 4 minutes per side on the grill and 4 1/2 minutes per side in a skillet; be gentle when turning the patties so they don't split.
- 5Thinly slice the apple and top each burger with the slices just before removing from the heat.
- 6Serve the burgers topped with bacon on the toasted roll.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Blue-cheese Burgers With Apple and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 816.5
- Calories from Fat 424
- Total Fat 47.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 190.9 mg
- Sodium 1680.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 58.4 g