Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Stuffed burgers are great, and here's a burger rich with blue cheese. Mmm!
Make and share this Stuffed Blue Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces fresh sauteed mushrooms or 4 ounces canned mushrooms
- 12 slices crisp cooked bacon (optional)
- Mix meat, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, pepper, minced onion, oregano (if using), and basil (if using).
- Shape the meat mixture into 12 thin patties, each about 4 inches in diameter.
- Mix the cream cheese and the blue cheese.
- Top 6 patties with the cheese mixture, spreading it to within 1/2-inch of the edge (if the mixture is difficult to spread, try heating in the microwave for about 15 seconds).
- Press the mushrooms into the cheese.
- Cover each patty with one of the remaining 6 patties, sealing the edges well.
- Broil or grill the patties (4-inches from the heat), turning only once if possible, until preferred doneness and cheese is melted, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Low-carb serving: top with a bit of grated Swiss cheese and enjoy!
- High-carb serving: eat with a bun and other condiments.
- To make it extra-special, top each with a couple strips of crispy bacon.
Yet another great burger recipe! very tasty. I had a slice of raw vidalia onion on the burger so left it out of the pattie, also I love whole or half mushrooms so I cooked them along side. When cooking the hamburger I brown it well on both sides (high heat) then turn the heat down to medium low, add the mushroom, cover the pan and let it cook slow. Flip the burger a couple of times - it is so juicy Thanks for a great recipe
very good Julesong! didn't have any blue cheese, but they sounded so good couldn't resist trying them, so i used feta cheese, fresh garlic and fresh mushrooms. Very interesting hamburger, tried them on the bbq, worked ok, (only lost half of one!) I left them alone, with the lid down, for about 15 minutes, then very carefully turned them, turning them was when I lost the half. The recipe worked well cut in half for the two of us, ended up with three and a half. Definately a "do again", but next time on the broiler!! thanks for a keeper.
These were the bomb dot com! (my new favorite saying) anway..we loved these! They were for our memorial day bbq and everyone was thrilled! Thanks so much!