Cuisine at Home
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 9.85 ml canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, sliced
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drained, rinsed, and lightly smashed
- 158.51 ml frozen corn kernels
- 59.14 ml purchased green enchilada sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Coat 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Saute onions in oil in a large skillet over med-high heat, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add garlic, jalapeno, green chiles, chipotle, and cumin.
- 5Cook mixture until chiles are soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- 6Add black beans and corn, then heat through, about 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in enchilada sauce and lime juice; mix well.
- 8Season filling with salt and remove from heat.
- 9To assemble, place 1/2 cup filling on half of a tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border on the edge; sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over top of filling.
- 10Brush exposed tortilla edges with egg wash.
- 11Fold tortilla in half, firmly pressing edges to create a seal.
- 12Poke 2 holes on 1 side to let steam escape; repeat filling and sealing with remaining 7 tortillas.
- 13Transfer quesadillas to prepared baking sheets and bake until golden brown and puffed, 8-10 minutes.
- 14Let cool completely before freezing and storing.
- 15Serve with pico de gallo and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Black Bean Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.7
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 392.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo