Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cuisine at Home
Make and share this Stuffed Black Bean Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained, rinsed, and lightly smashed
- 2⁄3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup purchased green enchilada sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 8 (8 inch) spinach tortillas or 8 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- pico de gallo
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Coat 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Saute onions in oil in a large skillet over med-high heat, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, jalapeno, green chiles, chipotle, and cumin.
- Cook mixture until chiles are soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add black beans and corn, then heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in enchilada sauce and lime juice; mix well.
- Season filling with salt and remove from heat.
- To assemble, place 1/2 cup filling on half of a tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border on the edge; sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over top of filling.
- Brush exposed tortilla edges with egg wash.
- Fold tortilla in half, firmly pressing edges to create a seal.
- Poke 2 holes on 1 side to let steam escape; repeat filling and sealing with remaining 7 tortillas.
- Transfer quesadillas to prepared baking sheets and bake until golden brown and puffed, 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool completely before freezing and storing.
- Serve with pico de gallo and sour cream.