- 1⁄2 lb lean pork
- 1 tablespoon black beans, femented, mashed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 bitter melons, medium size
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince pork and combine with remainder of ingredients. Mix well.
- Cut bitter melon in half, scoop out and discard seeds and white pulp in center, parboil for 3 minutes and drain.
- Heap meat mixture into each melon half.
- Arrange melon on a trivet in a heatproof baking dish which has 2 inches of boiling water at bottom.
- Cover tightly and bake for 30 -45 minutes.