Recipe by Jeannette 108
I have yet to cook this dish yet as I have not been able to translate all the spices. My friends mom cooked this for dinner one evening when I was in Delhi this past May. I helped her stuff the bhindi with the paste. This is the best Indian dish I have ever eaten!!! She should open a chain of restaraunts in the US. ;) Please cook this dish and give me your feedback.
- 1 teaspoon red chile
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dhaniya powder (coriander powder)
- 40 okra
- ghee or oil, as desired
- 2 -3 diced onions
- 2 -3 diced tomatoes
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the ghee in frypan.
- Add 4-5 tsp of the spice mix along with 2-3 diced onions, fry till brown.
- Add 2-3 diced tomatoes to mix in pan.
- Add 1/2 tsp lemon juice over the mix.
- 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Slit ladyfingers and stuff with mixture while enjoying the company of someone dear to you.
- Fry in ghee till the okara are cooked.
- Serve with fresh (Indian)flatbread.