Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My family loved these stuffed peppers. They are easy and delicious.
Make and share this Stuffed Bell Peppers With Sausage and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Remove sausage from casing and place in a 2 quart sauce pan.
- Fry until browned.
- Pour off any extra grease.
- Add water, drained tomatoes, and rice mix to sausage in 2 qt pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn down to allow mixture to simmer for 10 minutes or until waters is evaporated and rice is cooked.
- While simmering, halve peppers and place in a large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Remove and place in casserole dish with reserved tomato liquide on the bottom.
- Add 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese to the rice mixture and remove from heat.
- Stir until combined.
- Spoon rice mixture into pepper halves.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Place in preheated oven at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.