Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
My family loved these stuffed peppers. They are easy and delicious.
Make and share this Stuffed Bell Peppers With Sausage and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Remove sausage from casing and place in a 2 quart sauce pan.
- Fry until browned.
- Pour off any extra grease.
- Add water, drained tomatoes, and rice mix to sausage in 2 qt pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn down to allow mixture to simmer for 10 minutes or until waters is evaporated and rice is cooked.
- While simmering, halve peppers and place in a large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Remove and place in casserole dish with reserved tomato liquide on the bottom.
- Add 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese to the rice mixture and remove from heat.
- Stir until combined.
- Spoon rice mixture into pepper halves.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Place in preheated oven at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.