Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low fat and high fiber. This is a complete meal that is quick to make and very filling.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 3 large bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces turkey kielbasa, diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Cook 1 cup raw rice in 2 cups water and Cajun spice for 20 minutes on stovetop.
- While rice is cooking, cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds. Place in microwave safe dish with 1/2 cup water and steam 4-6 minutes.
- Heat oil on medium high heat in 12 inch skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add sausage, tomatoes and kidney beans. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- When rice is finished, add to skillet and combine.
- Remove peppers from microwave. Place on plate and fill with rice mixture. Spoon additional rice mixture around the peppers and serve.