Recipe by Diamondlil
A different twist to stuffed peppers. A very flavorful sauce that is very easy to make.
Top Review by Elmotoo
This was very good! We love stuffed peppers & this was enjoyed by all. For the sauce, I chopped up the tops removed from the peppers. The parmesan did not do it for me in this recipe - it tasted strange & added nothing to the texture. I would have preferred a nice gooey cheddar, jack or mozzarella. :) Made for PAC fall '07.
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, cooked
- 4 large green peppers, tops removed, seeded
Directions See How It's Made
- Creole Sauce (2 cups):.
- Sauté green pepper, onion and garlic in a little oil until soft.Add remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened.
- Par-cook or microwave seeded peppers until slightly tender.
- Brown beef and drain.
- Add onion and celery to beef and cook 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice to beef mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cheese, Moisten beef mixture with a little of the creole sauce.
- Fill prepared green peppers and cover with remaining creole sauce.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes.