Recipe by HEP MEP
These are really tasty,hardy, and great for a green pepper lover. I also add pieces of the green pepper tops when I'm browning the meat. These are great with some crusty Italian bread, and very filling.
Top Review by Indiana Debbie
Halved the recipe as there were just two of us. Very tasty and a nice change from the traditional stuffed peppers. DH elected to have his over pasta and will take leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 3⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 green peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice according to directions; meanwhile, brown beef and onion until pan juices have evaporated.
- Remove to a large bowl.
- To meat add salt, oregano, pepper, rice, and 2 cups of spaghetti sauce.
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds and dry pulp.
- Stuff the peppers with the meat mixture and arrange in a baking pan or electric frying pan.
- Add remaining sauce and water to the pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and heat till cheese melts, about 3 minutes.