Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here's a great variation of the Family Favorite without rice. WW points = 8 points per pepper. Grab a spaghetti squash, nuke it and eat the pepper on top of half of the squash. Delicious! (point value would be less if you used ground turkey)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 green peppers
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 24 saltine crackers
- salt and pepper
- Wash peppers and cut off tops. Rinse seeds out of the insides.
- Put peppers into microwavable dish, with lid, where they can stand up.
- In a bowl, break up the crackers. I usually crush them up in the bag they came in, then dump them into the bowl.
- Salt & pepper the cracker crumbs to taste.
- Add ground beef and mix well.
- Dump one can of tomato soup into mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon meat mixture into pepper shells.
- Mix one can of tomato soup with 1/2 can water and pour over peppers. (I stick my finger into the middle of each one so the soup goes into each one.).
- Place lid on dish and microwave for 25 minutes.