Prep 7 mins
Cook 45 mins
You can use ground boca burger (2 packages) or regular ground beef. Since the database here does not recognize boca ground beef or reduced fat cheese, the nutritional value will be lower if you use these.
- 2 lbs ground veggie crumbles
- 1 (10 ounce) package corn, frozen
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice, cooked (minute rice)
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheese, divided in half (Colby & Monterey Jack)
- 3 bell peppers, cut in half, seeded (yellow, red and or or green)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Mix burger, corn, and salsa in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 1/2 cooked rice and 1/2 cup cheese and mix well.
- Spoon in burger mixture evenly into the pepper halves.
- Place in 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour water into dish; cover with foil.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Continue baking 10 minutes.
- Sometimes I will put in a smaller dish and cover with flavored tomato sauce.